Tuesday 7 September 2010

BANES idea research

I decided i wanted to create a poster on the food recycling bins that BANES had showed us at our meeting. I began research by looking on their website for information about these bins. I found a video on the first page which explains how to use the food waste bins

I immediately liked the idea of describing how something worked, and thought about how i could demonstrate this in my poster.
I also tried to find some of BANES previous campaign posters:
This image shows the front cover of a map. It is very simple and quite boring. It follows the colour scheme of the logo with the blue writing and image of a bike. I would like to continue this simplicity in my poster but make it a bit more interesting to look at. I do like the image in the background of the terrain, as it gives the image texture and fits in with the theme of the map.
This image shows a poster about recycling. This idea looks very different to the other, as it is very colourful, but the design is still the same. it shows a simple image, which informs what kind of things can be recycled. This fits in with my idea of explaining a process through a poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment