Wednesday 1 September 2010

Contacting BANES

Unfortunatly there was a loss of comunication between Oxfam and Daniel and I, and Neil Young pulled out of the project. Problems with communication are a fundimental problem within a business or between a business and its partners which could have been prevented with regular contact with the partner and organisation. Luckly, because this problem arose early on in the project, I was able to quickly switch to a partner that was currently working with other students in the class. I decided to email the leader of the project run by BANES and explain what had happened and ask if he was willing to allow me to join in with the recycling project and he agreed.

From: charlie williams
To: Timothy Rawlings

Hi, Im a student at the city of bath college working on the sustainability project. My project got canceled so my group had to seperate and join the others. I would like to join the BANES group with Harriet Page and Ollie Drew if this is possible?
And if so, what kind of things would you like me to design? I will get a breif off of the other members and catch up with the work they have done to show you in september.
Thanks. Charlie Williams.


From: Timothy Rawlings
To: Charlie williams

Hi Charlie,
Thank you for getting in touch. Your more than welcome to join our group, I'm not sure how much help I will be with giving you any ideas for a design. Ollie and Harriet both came to me with their own ideas. I appreciate that you have had to start again so I have listed a few suggestions below if you need them. I am not sure on the details of your brief so I cannot tell if my ideas would be relevant!
-A leaflet highlighting the recycling services, aimed at students
-A leaflet for landlords to give to their residents about recycling,
-Design a series of recycling bins for your common room
-You could design a recycling character that could be a campaign mascot for BANES! (that could be fun, but Family Guy has already designed one! (Gary the no trash cougar!))
It really depends on what you want out of the project. Ollie is doing a real life animation, Harriet is doing a poster/flyer and Ashley was doing a sculpture. Depends on what your interested in, you could do a website design for instance if that’s what your focusing on for your studies.
If you need help with any of your suggestions please do not hesitate to get in touch, I'm not sure when we are next planning on meeting up. If you have a chat with the others and let me know when I'm needed.

All the best
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment